I have a passion for good food grown and prepared locally and enjoy helping you create your own bountiful garden.
My childhood was spent in a vegetable garden and wandering the bush with my parents, picking wild foods, harvesting honey from dad many hives and growing almost all our vegetables and fruit on a ¼ acre block.
This helped to sow the seeds of a love of nature and the potential for productive gardens. I even proudly entered my flower or vegetable exhibits in the annual Horticultural shows.
I have been facilitating workshops and professional development courses in workplaces and for home gardeners for over 2 decades. I’m also in demand to present at events like The Ginger Festival and the Phoenix carnival, helping people create sustainable gardens and healthy lives.
I’m ready to help you through my workshops and garden consultations, to achieve a beautifully flourishing and productive garden.
You’ll find me popping up as the ‘Greenthumb Goddess’ to share good news and growing expertise with you.
Oh, and dont forget to sign up on the home page for my regular garden ezine.
Just in case you’d like to know, here’s a selection of my formal qualifications…
- Master of Environmental Education from Griffith University (Honours)
- Certificate of University Teaching
- Diploma Applied Science (Horticulture)
- Organic Agriculture Certificate
- Permaculture Teaching and Design Registration and Qualifications with Bill Mollison, the permaculture guru.
- Certificate IV Assessment and Workplace Training
- Waste and resource educators certificate
- Food Safety Supervisor
- Midwifery and General Nursing qualifications